3.5 miles on the dreadmill
Cardio & Core Class
Core Crunchin’ Strides
This week I got nominated by Larisa at Zero to 26.2 for a Liebster award.
What’s a Liebster award? At first I thought was some sort of appetizer that would make me projective vomit because I’m allergic to seafood, but then I found out it was actually fun. The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I’m guessing followers are subscribers. I don’t know. It’s all very confusing to me.
And since I only have 21 family members whom I forced to subscribe and my 7 year old recently unsubscribed citing “boring content” I’ll take it. I’m kidding. I have at least 29 family members. Okay, okay 32 if I claim everyone.
That said, I’m late to the party (as usual) so I’ve had to shave off some parts of the Liebster because, party peeps, I’m just not that interesting.
1. Post 11 things about yourself.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for you.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people who you have tagged.
5. No tag backs!
Things About Me
1. When I was a kid my parents called me BOB – bag of bones. I actually have a bracelet from 6th grade that said “Stix” – my nickname due to my super scrawny demeanor.
2. I am not a morning person. I usually try to get up before my kids to combat this.
3. Really 11 things – I’m so boring!
4. Total sports nut. There’s even a chance you’ll hear me on ESPNLA as I call in once in a while. Can’t get enough sports.
5. I’m a notoriously bad sleeper. If I can fall asleep in under an hour and only wake up 2-3 times in a night I’m thrilled.
6. It’s so many…am I done yet?
7. Did you know I have a clone? In looks and personality Strawberry is my little mini-me. I feel badly for him often. At least I look better in boy.
8. I secretly want to be a steeple chase runner.
9. *Yawn* I’m so bored with myself.
10. I’m hugely awkward and klutzy.
11. I’m an encyclopedia of useless knowledge. I used to deny this repeatedly, but my family’s made me embrace it.
1. What is your favorite race/activity you have participated in? Prob the Illinois Marathon…you’ll always remember your first time fondly right?
2. Do you train with a group or solo? Usually solo, but I do like running with people sometimes.
3. What part of the country do you live in? SoCal
4. What is your favorite machine at the gym? You’re supposed to use those pieces of metal? I thought they were fancy towel hangers or to climb on to change the TV channel. It all makes so much more sense now!
5. What healthy dish do you like to make? Anything – I’m a big fan of cleaning out the veggies & fruit and making “one bowl” meals – salads, pasta, etc. I hate doing dishes.
6. What is your favorite easy snack food? Other than froyo or ice cream? Frozen blueberries and grapes.
7. What brand of athletic shoes do you prefer? Hooked on New Balance Minimus line.
8. Who is your favorite athlete? This is so hard as there’s too many to list! I’d have to answer “the underdog”.
9. What sport do you wish you could compete in the Olympics? After my raging victory at the Pasadena Gladiator Rock ‘n’ Run last year I’m thinkin’ the Steeple Chase
10. Red, white or blue? White – goes with everything.
11. Favorite Travel Spot? Go back to Uganda on safari
11 9 Links
So there you’ve it. You’ve been Liebetized?
Since I had to do it, why don’t you post a few random things about yourselves so I can get to you know better? Yes that means you scores (scores = 2) of people who never post a comment or email me directly. Show your faces 🙂